Home Forums Cannabis Edibles Cannabis Edibles Vs Smoking Flower?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Mr. Nugget
      Participant

Pros, cons, effects…

Informed High
      Participant

I’m a dried flower over an edible guy myself! I think this may have been due to the digestive problems I struggled through as an adolescent. Does anyone else find edibles to aggravate digestion problems, or is it just me?

admin
        Keymaster

I support

Weed Wolf
      Participant

I am a dried flower over edibles as well. However, edibles have never created any digestion discomfort. The main reason why I don’t do edibles is mainly because I do not know how high they will get me and how long it will take.

Did you have other gastrointestinal issues or do you attribute the gastro issues to the actual edibles?

Informed High
      Participant

Interesting, thanks! I do agree with those edible concerns (always avoid that double dose unless you have lots of experience with it). I had issues that started before cannabis. I found that edibles led to panic attacks about the symptoms felt in my gut. So I don’t think they created the problem, they just amplified the signal. I don’t get the same internal anxiety from smoking ever.

I have found regulated edibles to be much more certain on their effects. Now that my GI tract is more healthy (dietary changes) I can tolerate edibles. Still, I only go with legal edibles so I can trust the dose. Have you found legal edibles to be more reliable in the effects the produce?

Weed Wolf
      Participant

Glad to hear you have you GI concerns all taken care of!

Not really, I have tried sticking with the same brand and dosage for cannabis edibles and I have not found a pattern just yet. Sometimes I find myself feeling a little numb and some others I get too high to the point where i can not function.

Since you are a dried flower guy, can you tell me if you grind your flower before smoking it? I do because it burns better and there is less waste. Also, because it burns better, thus, less waste. However, all my buds seem to get pretty high with ground weed for some reason. What are your thoughts?

Informed High
      Participant

That’s too bad about your edibles experience. Guess they just aren’t for you!

I definitely grind my dried flower. The worst thing in the world is having to do this by hand, but with a grinder (or busker) it’s easy work! I do mostly smoke joints so they kind of need ground up weed. Back when I smoked bowls, I would at time throw in some nugs just for a quick smoke. That said, it doesn’t burn as well and I do think there is more waste that way. So all in all, I say stick with grinding!

I usually grind up a decent amount at once, stored it in a jar. This way I can quickly roll joints when I want them. How do you like to smoke your weed, what’s the best way for you?

Weed Wolf
      Participant

Do you store your ground weed jar in the fridge?

I also grind a good amount of dried flower which I keep in a vacuum sealed container. 90% of the time I smoke out of my pipe and when is time to get higher than usual, thats when I go for the water bong!

Informed High
      Participant

I do not store it in the fridge. I only do that for extracts and concentrates like cannabis oils and shatters. Is that something you would recommend?

I’ve also not used vacuum sealed containers, but I usually only grind enough for a few days so I haven’t had problems with bud drying out. Good strategy there! I’m a joint smoker, and only use pipes when absolutely necessary (they are convenient but also rough to smoke). I miss having a bong on-hand, but I have one stored away to bring back out when I want to get real baked. Just like you said!

Here’s a question, do you put ice in your water bong or ever use any additives to the water?

Weed Wolf
      Participant

I store the buds on their original container in the fridge and I also grind enough weed which I store, also in the fridge, in a vacuum sealed container. I do notice a slight improvement in the flavor, might just be a little fresher. I do know some of my buddies like to wrap it in lettuce and store it in the fridge. It sounds like a lot of work and not exactly sure if provides more benefits than just sticking the jar in the fridge.

I guess we all have that big powerful bong stored away waiting for the right moment to get extremely lost in wonderland.

i had no idea there was any additives for the water bong. However, I do use ice and have even tried replaced the water with vodka straight from the freezer and Im not sure I would recommend that.

Why would you say pipes can be rough to smoke out of?

Informed High
      Participant

I haven’t heard of using lettuce before, thanks for sharing that! I know friends who use an apple slice to add moisture, but that’s a new one for me. Haha, yup we all need that heavy hitter packed away (which can also be good for managing consumption, try to avoid daily bong use, for example)

Using vodka sounds terrible! I would not do that. I know some people add flavors, like terpenes into the water to add to the experience, though I haven’t tried it.

I find little pipes to hit pretty hard. Maybe its the small stem, but I find them more harsh than a gentle toke from a joint. Maybe its just me??

Weed Wolf
      Participant

An apple slide? never heard of it. Does it work?

I agree! That heavy bong was the reason I was underperforming on my previous job! I just felt either to high to too groggy all the time so I have learned that that is a special piece for special occasions.

I was already drinking Vodka but you are right, not a good idea!! have you tried the flavors? Do they enhance the smoking experience at all?

I guess we all have different preferences. I actually much rather smoke out of a pipe or bong than a joint. For some reason joints make me feel like I am supposed to hit them many times and I am never able to dose properly. It might be the fact that I have been using pipes and water bongs for too long so I have it down to a science. Or at least I would like to thing so.

Mr. Nugget
      Participant

I have stored my flower both ways and none seem to do much for my weed. What does really help is a nice vacuum sealed bag or jar. If you think is a lot of work, is not! portion your weed accordingly and get enough weed for a couple or a few days at a time depending on your consumption.

Weed Wolf
      Participant

I tried the vacuum sealed bad and it did work, at least better than the lettuce or the apple. However, the weed at the dispensary is not as fresh as someone might think. Lately, all the flower that I have bought has been very dry right of the bat.

With such a high demand for cannabis during coronavirus, you would thing flower would be a lot fresher as it doesn’t stay in the shelves long but unfortunately it is not the case. I haven’t even been grinding my weed, it is so dry I just crush it and is ready to smoke which is a shame!!! specially with the premium prices you pay at any of these marijuana dispensaries.

Has anyone else noticed the flower sold at dispensaries being dryer than usual?

Rain Dance Maggie
      Participant

I have to say dried flower because I can not seem to get the right dosage down for the edibles.

Weed Wolf
      Participant

That seems to be an issue for many of us! if it wasn’t for their tasty flavor, I would just stick to my flower.

Have you ever tried dabbing?

Rain Dance Maggie
      Participant

No – I haven’t/ what’s that like? Any better?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.